How do I Reset the buttons on my LG TV?
Press the Smart button on your remote, then click the Gear icon in the top right, then General > Reset to Initial Settings.
Turn the phone off. Press and hold the following keys at the same time: Volume Down Key + Power/Lock Key on the back of the phone. Release the Power/Lock Key only when the LG logo is displayed, then immediately press and hold the Power/Lock Key again. Release all keys when the Factory hard reset screen is displayed.
- Step 1: open the menu. Use the remote to open the menu. ...
- Step 2: open 'All settings' Select the option All settings in the list of options and press the OK button. ...
- Step 3: navigate to General. Select the options General. ...
- Step 4: go to Reset to Initial Settings. Go down until you see the Revert to factory settings option.
A hard reset can solve memory and software-related issues, but also erases all the settings you've changed on the TV. To restart without a remote, press and hold the "Power" button on the TV for about 10 seconds, unplug it for about 1 minute, then plug it back in and turn it on.
Unplug the TV from the electrical outlet, and while its unplugged hold down the power button on the TV for about 30 seconds. Once that time is up, release the power button and tap the other onboard buttons 2 or 3 times each. Once that is done plug the TV back into power, and see if it responds any more like usual.
- From the Home screen tap the Apps Key > QuickRemote .
- Tap > Customizable remote.
- Enter the Remote name and touch OK.
- Place the buttons you want on the remote at the desired location and tap Next.
- Tap the button to be learned.
- Hold the Volume up + Home + Power key at the same time.
- Once the Android recovery mode appears, select: wipe data / factory reset with the volume keys.
- Enter with the power key.
Instead of unplugging your TV just to restart it, all you have to do is press and hold the volume down and power keys simultaneously until the device reboots. This will take about 11-12 seconds. Then release the keys when you see the LG bootup logo.
Change the Batteries
Another common problem with television remotes is that buttons can sometimes become stuck, causing the remote to send out a continuous signal, which, in turn, prevents users from pressing any other buttons.
Magic Remote troubleshooting
Confirm your remote has good batteries. Pressing any button on the Magic Remote should cause the POWER button light up. If the POWER button does not light up, new batteries will be required. Replace if necessary.